2023 Gladys Reed Gwinn Scholarship Foundation Guidelines
Based upon Mrs. Gwinn’s wishes, applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria (in priority order):
- Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church members attending a Catholic Women’s College as an undergraduate student.
- Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church members attending college or post-secondary school as an undergraduate student.
- Boyle County resident attending college or post-secondary school as an undergraduate student.
Status of Applicant:
Applicant must be a graduating high school senior with evidence of post-secondary school admission or currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in a post-secondary school.
Recipients will be selected using a combination of criteria:
- Post-Secondary School planning to enroll or currently enrolled. (Female applicants with enrollment in an all-women’s Catholic School and applicants enrolled in a Catholic University will be given first priority.)
- Leadership potential – church and community service, extracurricular activities, and/or athletic involvement.
- A personal essay (1-2 pages printed)
Term of Scholarship:
The scholarship is for one academic year of post-secondary education. This scholarship is non-renewable; however, applicants may reapply each year enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in a post-secondary institution. Award money varies from year to year.
Applications: Submit your complete application on or before April 9, 2023 to:
Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church
Gladys Reed Gwinn Scholarship Foundation
117 W. Main Street
Danville, KY 40422